Communities across the U.S. are responding to the PFAS contamination crisis by organizing and advocating for safe drinking water. This map shows sites with known contamination and where organizations are working for stronger health and environmental protections. Plug into a group working in your community, form a new group, or connect with others facing similar challenges.
Is there a PFAS contamination site near you? Use our interactive map to find out.
- Each red dot represents a site contaminated with PFAS.
- Click on a dot to learn more about the site.
- Click on a state to get information about all sites as well as community groups, health studies, and resources available in that state.
* This map focuses on sites where PFAS have been detected in the environment (groundwater, soil, and surface water), or in drinking water where the contamination is linked to a specific source and not merely the result of testing a water supply system.
Connect with Delaware
Delaware Contamination Areas
- BladesStill unknown, likely Procino Plating facilityLocation Blades, DelawareDate 2018PFAS contamination source Unknown
- Dover Air Force BaseFirefighting foam used at Dover Air Force BaseLocation Dover, DelawareDate 2014PFAS contamination source Military - Air Force Base
- New Castle Air National Guard Base / New Castle County AirportFirefighting foam used at New Castle ANGB and New Castle County AirportLocation New Castle, DelawareDate 2014PFAS contamination source Military - Air National Guard Base; Civilian Airport
- WilmingtonDover Air Force base, New Castle County airport's use of firefighting foams.Location Wilmington, DelawareDate 2016PFAS contamination source Military - Air Force Base; Civilian Airport; Industry/Manufacturing
Delaware Community Groups
We are not aware of any community groups in this state addressing PFAS issues.
Delaware PFAS Exposure and Health Studies
- ATSDR PFAS Exposure Assessment in New Castle County, DELocation New Castle CountyDate 2019Type of study Exposure assessmentStudy conducted by Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease RegistryPFAS contamination source New Castle Air National Guard Base
Delaware Agency Websites
- Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control
- Delaware Health and Social Services