Communities across the U.S. are responding to the PFAS contamination crisis by organizing and advocating for safe drinking water. This map shows sites with known contamination and where organizations are working for stronger health and environmental protections. Plug into a group working in your community, form a new group, or connect with others facing similar challenges.
Is there a PFAS contamination site near you? Use our interactive map to find out.
- Each red dot represents a site contaminated with PFAS.
- Click on a dot to learn more about the site.
- Click on a state to get information about all sites as well as community groups, health studies, and resources available in that state.
* This map focuses on sites where PFAS have been detected in the environment (groundwater, soil, and surface water), or in drinking water where the contamination is linked to a specific source and not merely the result of testing a water supply system.
Connect with Idaho
Idaho Contamination Areas
- Mountain Home AFBFirefighting foam used on Mountain Home Air Force BaseLocation Elmore County, IdahoDate 2017PFAS contamination source Military - Air Force Base
Idaho Community Groups
We are not aware of any community groups in this state addressing PFAS issues.
Idaho PFAS Exposure and Health Studies
We are not aware of any health or exposure studies in this state.
Idaho Agency Websites
- Idaho Department of Environmental Quality
- Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
- Idaho Department of Water Resources