Communities across the U.S. are responding to the PFAS contamination crisis by organizing and advocating for safe drinking water. This map shows sites with known contamination and where organizations are working for stronger health and environmental protections. Plug into a group working in your community, form a new group, or connect with others facing similar challenges.
Is there a PFAS contamination site near you? Use our interactive map to find out.
- Each red dot represents a site contaminated with PFAS.
- Click on a dot to learn more about the site.
- Click on a state to get information about all sites as well as community groups, health studies, and resources available in that state.
* This map focuses on sites where PFAS have been detected in the environment (groundwater, soil, and surface water), or in drinking water where the contamination is linked to a specific source and not merely the result of testing a water supply system.
Connect with Illinois
Illinois Contamination Areas
- Former Chanute AFBFirefighting foam used at Former Chanute Air Force BaseLocation Champaign County, IllinoisDate 2015PFAS contamination source Military - Former Air Force Base
Illinois Community Groups
Illinois PFAS Exposure and Health Studies
We are not aware of any health or exposure studies in this state.
Illinois Agency Websites
- Illinois Department of Natural Resources
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- Illinois Environmental Protection Agency
- Illinois Environmental Protection Agency PFAS Sampling Network