Communities across the U.S. are responding to the PFAS contamination crisis by organizing and advocating for safe drinking water. This map shows sites with known contamination and where organizations are working for stronger health and environmental protections. Plug into a group working in your community, form a new group, or connect with others facing similar challenges.
Is there a PFAS contamination site near you? Use our interactive map to find out.
- Each red dot represents a site contaminated with PFAS.
- Click on a dot to learn more about the site.
- Click on a state to get information about all sites as well as community groups, health studies, and resources available in that state.
* This map focuses on sites where PFAS have been detected in the environment (groundwater, soil, and surface water), or in drinking water where the contamination is linked to a specific source and not merely the result of testing a water supply system.
Connect with Maryland
Maryland Contamination Areas
- Former Fort Severn - (currently) US Naval AcademyFirefighting foam used at Former Fort Severn - (currently) US Naval AcademyLocation Annapolis, MarylandDate 2017PFAS contamination source Military-Naval Base
- Fort MeadeFirefighting foam used at Fort MeadeLocation Fort Meade CDP, MarylandDate 2017PFAS contamination source Military
- Naval Research Laboratory Chesapeake Bay DetachmentFirefighting foam used at Naval Research Laboratory Chesapeake Bay DetachmentLocation Chesapeake Beach, MarylandDate 2017PFAS contamination source Military-Naval Base
- Patuxent River Naval Air StationFirefighting foam used at Patuxent River Naval Air StationLocation Patuxent River, St. Mary's County, MarylandDate 2017PFAS contamination source Military-Naval Base
- White Oak - Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division DetachmentFirefighting foam used at White Oak - Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division DetachmentLocation Silver Spring, MarylandDate 2017PFAS contamination source Military-Naval Base
Maryland Community Groups
We are not aware of any community groups in this state addressing PFAS issues.
Maryland PFAS Exposure and Health Studies
We are not aware of any health or exposure studies in this state.
Maryland Agency Websites
- Maryland Department of Health
- Maryland Department of Natural Resources
- Maryland Department of the Environment