Communities across the U.S. are responding to the PFAS contamination crisis by organizing and advocating for safe drinking water. This map shows sites with known contamination and where organizations are working for stronger health and environmental protections. Plug into a group working in your community, form a new group, or connect with others facing similar challenges.
Is there a PFAS contamination site near you? Use our interactive map to find out.
- Each red dot represents a site contaminated with PFAS.
- Click on a dot to learn more about the site.
- Click on a state to get information about all sites as well as community groups, health studies, and resources available in that state.
* This map focuses on sites where PFAS have been detected in the environment (groundwater, soil, and surface water), or in drinking water where the contamination is linked to a specific source and not merely the result of testing a water supply system.
Connect with New Jersey
New Jersey Contamination Areas
- DeepwaterDuPont Chambers Works FacilityLocation Deepwater, Salem County, New JerseyDate 2008PFAS contamination source Industry / Manufacturing
- Former Naval Air Warfare Center Trenton, now Trenton-Mercer AirportFirefighting foam used at former Naval Air Warfare Center Trenton, now Trenton-Mercer AirportLocation Ewing Township, New JerseyDate 2017PFAS contamination source Military-Naval Base; Civilian Airport
- Joint Base McGuire-Dix-LakehurstFirefighting foam used at Joint Base McGuire-Dix-LakehurstLocation Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, New JerseyDate 2015PFAS contamination source Military - Joint Base
- MontclairUnknownLocation Montclair, New JerseyDate 2015PFAS contamination source Unknown
- Naval Weapons Station EarleFirefighting foam used at Naval Weapons Station Earle and Earle Military Sealift CommandLocation Colts Neck Township, New JerseyDate 2016PFAS contamination source Military
- PaulsboroSolvay Specialty Polymer and ArkemaLocation Paulsboro, New JerseyDate 2009PFAS contamination source Industry / Manufacturing
- South OrangeUnknownLocation South Orange, New JerseyDate 2016PFAS contamination source Unknown
- WoodburySolvay Specialty Polymer and ArkemaLocation Woodbury, Glouester County, New JerseyDate 2013PFAS contamination source Industry / Manufacturing
New Jersey Community Groups
We are not aware of any community groups in this state addressing PFAS issues.
New Jersey PFAS Exposure and Health Studies
- ATSDR Multi-Site Health Study in Gloucester County, NJLocation Gloucester CountyDate Beginning Fall 2019Type of study Health study on human health effects of PFAS exposure through drinking waterStudy conducted by Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences – School of Public Health
- Biomonitoring study in Paulsboro, NJLocation PaulsboroDate 2018Type of study Biomonitoring studyStudy conducted by Rutgers UniversityPFAS contamination source Hazardous waste disposal contamination of water supply
New Jersey Agency Websites
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection
- New Jersey Department of Health