Communities across the U.S. are responding to the PFAS contamination crisis by organizing and advocating for safe drinking water. This map shows sites with known contamination and where organizations are working for stronger health and environmental protections. Plug into a group working in your community, form a new group, or connect with others facing similar challenges.
Is there a PFAS contamination site near you? Use our interactive map to find out.
- Each red dot represents a site contaminated with PFAS.
- Click on a dot to learn more about the site.
- Click on a state to get information about all sites as well as community groups, health studies, and resources available in that state.
* This map focuses on sites where PFAS have been detected in the environment (groundwater, soil, and surface water), or in drinking water where the contamination is linked to a specific source and not merely the result of testing a water supply system.
Connect with Ohio
Ohio Contamination Areas
- Little HockingIndustrial production and use at DuPont/Chemours' Washington Works facility in West VaLocation Little Hocking, OhioDate 2018PFAS contamination source Industry / Manufacturing
- Wright-Patterson Air Force BasePFAS are migrating from Wright-Patterson Air Force Base toward Dayton's Huffman Dam wellsLocation Dayton, OhioDate 2018PFAS contamination source Military - Air Force
Ohio Community Groups
- IAFF local F88We represent the professional fire fighters, dispatchers, and inspectors of Wright-Patterson AFB Fire Department.Location Fairborn
- Save Our County, Inc.Save Our County is an Environmental Justice Organization started in the 80s opposed to Heritage Thermal Services, one of the largest permitted hazardous waste incinerators. It never should have been located here as it violates state and federal law. The incinerator burns PFAS firefighting foams from across the country. It is a threat to the health of our community, particularly our school children. Our area also has higher cancer rates.Location East Liverpool, Ohio and tri-state area Heritage Incinerator. Right on the bank of the Ohio River.Contact Name Alonzo SpencerContact Phone 330-385-4584
Ohio PFAS Exposure and Health Studies
- C-8 Medical Monitoring ProgramLocation Reedsville, OH; Pomeroy, OH; Little Hocking, OH; Belpre, OH; Washington, WV; Point Pleasant, WVDate Started 2015Type of study Medical monitoring
- The C8 StudyLocation Mid-Ohio ValleyDate 2005-2013Type of study Washington Works DuPont plant in Parkersburg, West Virginia
Ohio Agency Websites
- Ohio Department of Natural Resources Division of Water Resources
- Ohio Environmental Protection Agency
- Ohio Environmental Protection Agency PFAS Testing of Ohio Public Water Systems