Communities across the U.S. are responding to the PFAS contamination crisis by organizing and advocating for safe drinking water. This map shows sites with known contamination and where organizations are working for stronger health and environmental protections. Plug into a group working in your community, form a new group, or connect with others facing similar challenges.
Is there a PFAS contamination site near you? Use our interactive map to find out.
- Each red dot represents a site contaminated with PFAS.
- Click on a dot to learn more about the site.
- Click on a state to get information about all sites as well as community groups, health studies, and resources available in that state.
* This map focuses on sites where PFAS have been detected in the environment (groundwater, soil, and surface water), or in drinking water where the contamination is linked to a specific source and not merely the result of testing a water supply system.
Connect with Texas
Texas Contamination Areas
- Army National Guard El Campo Readiness CenterFirefighting foam used at Army National Guard El Campo Readiness CenterLocation El Campo, TexasDate 2017PFAS contamination source Military - Army
- Corpus Christi Texas Naval Air StationFirefighting foam used at Corpus Christi Texas Naval Air StationLocation Nueces County, TexasDate 2017PFAS contamination source Military-Naval Base
- Ellington Field Joint Reserve BaseLocation Houston
- Former Bergstrom AFBFirefighting foam used at Former Bergstrom Air Force BaseLocation Austin, TexasDate 2017PFAS contamination source Military - Former Air Force Base
- Former Kelly AFBFirefighting foam used at Former Kelly Air Force BaseLocation San Antonio, TexasDate 2017PFAS contamination source Military - Former Air Force Base
- Former Reese AFBFirefighting foam used at Reese Air Force BaseLocation Lubbock, TexasDate 2014Community response According to an article by Matt Dotray for A-J Media, local residents have reported (to journalists and at public meetings hosted by AF) that cattle, horses and dogs have been inexplicably dying in neighborhoods surrounding Reese. Residents also report high rates of liver disease and cancer in young people. Again, residents asked AF representatives about these health effects at a June 2019 public meeting, but did not receive satisfactory answers. (Dotray, 06.09.2019)PFAS contamination source Military - Air Force Base
- Grand Prairie Armed Forces Reserve Complex (Former NAS Dallas)Firefighting foam used at Grand Prairie Armed Forces Reserve Complex (Former NAS Dallas)Location Dallas, TexasDate 2017PFAS contamination source Military
- Joint Base San Antonio - Lackland / Randolph / Ft. Sam Houston / Camp BullisFirefighting foam used at Joint Base San AntonioLocation Lackland, TexasDate 2017PFAS contamination source Military - Joint Base
Texas Community Groups
- Galveston Bay FoundationGalveston Bay Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that has served as guardian of Galveston Bay since 1987. Our mission is to preserve and enhance Galveston Bay as a healthy and productive place for generations to come. GBF implements balanced programs in advocacy, conservation, education, and research to ensure that Galveston Bay is a beautiful and productive place for all members of the community.Location Galveston Bay AreaContact Name Charlotte CisnerosContact Email email@example.comContact Phone 7134102103
Texas PFAS Exposure and Health Studies
- ATSDR PFAS Exposure Assessment in Lubbock County, TXLocation Lubbock CountyDate 2019Type of study Exposure assessmentStudy conducted by Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease RegistryPFAS contamination source Reese Technology Center
Texas Agency Websites
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
- Texas Department of State Health Services