Communities across the U.S. are responding to the PFAS contamination crisis by organizing and advocating for safe drinking water. This map shows sites with known contamination and where organizations are working for stronger health and environmental protections. Plug into a group working in your community, form a new group, or connect with others facing similar challenges.
Is there a PFAS contamination site near you? Use our interactive map to find out.
- Each red dot represents a site contaminated with PFAS.
- Click on a dot to learn more about the site.
- Click on a state to get information about all sites as well as community groups, health studies, and resources available in that state.
* This map focuses on sites where PFAS have been detected in the environment (groundwater, soil, and surface water), or in drinking water where the contamination is linked to a specific source and not merely the result of testing a water supply system.
Connect with West Virginia
West Virginia Contamination Areas
- MartinsburgFirefighting foam used by Air Force at 167th Airlift Wing base at Eastern West Virginia Regional AirportLocation Martinsburg, West VirginiaDate 2016PFAS contamination source Military - Air Force
- ParkersburgDuPont Washington Works plantLocation Parkersburg, West VirginiaDate 2001PFAS contamination source Industry / Manufacturing
- ViennaDuPont Washington Works plantLocation Vienna, West VirginiaDate 2001PFAS contamination source Industry / Manufacturing
West Virginia Community Groups
- Keep Your Promises, DupontKeep Your Promises is a community-based organization whose members have lived and worked in the Greater Mid-Ohio Valley for their whole lives. We have seen first-hand the damage DuPont has done to our communities through the use and contamination of C-8, and we are dedicated to holding DuPont accountable to the promises they made to our communities.Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
West Virginia PFAS Exposure and Health Studies
- ATSDR PFAS Exposure Assessment in Berkleley County, WVLocation Berkeley CountyDate 2019Type of study Exposure assessmentStudy conducted by Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease RegistryPFAS contamination source Shepherd Field Air National Guard Base
- C-8 Medical Monitoring ProgramLocation Washington, WV; Point Pleasant, WV; Reedsville, OH; Pomeroy, OH; Little Hocking, OH; Belpre, OHDate Started 2015Type of study Medical monitoringStudy conducted by C-8 Medical Monitoring ProgramPFAS contamination source DuPont
- The C8 StudyLocation Mid-Ohio ValleyDate 2005-2013Type of study Exposure and health studiesStudy conducted by C8 Science PanelPFAS contamination source Washington Works DuPont plant in Parkersburg, West Virginia
West Virginia Agency Websites
- West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources Bureau of Public Health
- West Vrginia Department of Environmental Protection